Build Some New Friends!
Would you like to find out how to build a LEGO® model that can move, speak and think by itself?
Would you like to discover a fun way to learn about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math?
Do you have a school or community group interested in a robotics program and/or entering a team in the FLL?
The Project Bucephalus Robo Club is a robotics program for children aged 7+. It is suitable for both Primary and High-School age children, and uses LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology to provide an introduction to robotics!
In Robo Club classes, students learn how to design, build, and program their own robots. Project Bucephalus team members will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The Robo Club curriculum contains lessons and games designed to develop robotics, engineering, and programming skills. Catering to both beginner and advanced students, activities are mixed between single-week challenges and multi-week projects. The occasional competition is thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite!).
Note on FLL: One of the primary goals of the Robo Club program is to encourage students to form teams and participate in the FIRST® LEGO® League tournament. The 2021 season opens in August 2021. FLL participation is limited to students 9-16 and is NOT compulsory. FLL teams are welcome to use Robo Club time to work on the FLL, but normal classes will continue during the FLL season.
Spaces are limited, and enrolment is essential.
- See our FAQ for details on our COVID-19 response
- Students register for Robo Club at our TryBooking Event Page.
- Class times and prices may vary between locations. Check each class for details.
- Check out our FAQ for pricing and discount information.
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- New students sign up for a (paid) “trial period” of three weeks duration before deciding if they wish to continue.
- Returning students pay by the school term (in advance). Alternate payment arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Current Robo Clubs:
Monday (3:45-5:45 pm)– Nowra Robo Club (UOW Shoalhaven Campus) (Gathering interest – CONTACT US) Monday (6:15-8:15 pm)– Nowra Master Class (UOW Shoalhaven Campus) (Gathering interest – CONTACT US)
- Tuesday (3:30-5:30 pm) – Mt Ousley Robo Club (TAFE NSW, Wollongong Campus)
- Tuesday (3:45-5:45 pm) – Shellharbour Library
- Tuesday (6:45-8:45 pm) – Master Class (TAFE NSW, Wollongong Campus)
- Wednesday (3:15-5:30 pm) – Wollongong Robo Club (Wollongong Public School)
- Thursday (3:40-5:40 pm) – TIGS Robo Club
- Thursday (3:45-5:45) – Thirroul Robo Club (Thirroul Public School)
- Thursday (3:45-5:15 pm) – Thirroul Junior Robo Club (for students under 8)
- Friday (3:45-5:45 pm) – Cedars Robo Club