Build Some New Friends!
Would you like to find out how to build a LEGO® model that can move, speak and think by itself?
Would you like to discover a fun way to learn about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math?
Do you have a school or community group interested in a robotics program and/or entering a team in the FLL?
The Project Bucephalus Robo Club is a robotics program for children aged 7+. It is suitable for both Primary and High-School age children, and uses LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology to provide an introduction to robotics!
In Robo Club classes, Project Bucephalus team members and coaches teach their students how to design, build, and program their own robots. The team will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The Robo Club curriculum contains lessons and games designed to develop robotics, engineering, and programming skills. Catering to both beginner and advanced students, activities are mixed between single-week challenges and multi-week projects. The occasional competition is thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite!).
Price can differ based on location of the class and arrangements with the hosting school. Discounts are available. See the list of classes below for specific details or check out our FAQ.
Note on FLL: One of the primary goals of the Robo Club program is to encourage students to form teams and participate in the FIRST® LEGO® League tournament. The 2016 season (“Animal Allies”) opens in August 2016. FLL participation is limited to students 9-16 and is NOT compulsory. FLL teams are welcome to use Robo Club time to work on the FLL, but normal classes will continue during the FLL season.
Spaces are limited, and enrolment is essential.
- Rates may vary between locations – check each class for exact pricing and available discounts.
- Prospective students and parents are welcome to visit and ask questions (please give advance notice!)
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- Substantial discounts are available to students providing their own MINDSTORMS® kit and laptop.
- Students pay by the school term (in advance). Payments for each term are required by week 4. Alternate payment arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- New students sign up for a (paid) “trial period” of three weeks duration before deciding if they wish to continue.