Does your child like LEGO®?
How would they feel about making a model that can move, speak, and even think on its own?
How would YOU like it if they found a fun way to learn about Programming, Math, Science and Engineering?
Would your school like to start a robotics program and/or enter a team in the FLL?
Robo Club is an after-school robotics activity for children aged 7+, providing an introduction to Robotics through the use of LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology.
The members and coaches of Project Bucephalus teach students how to design, build, and program their own robots. The team will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The curriculum contains lessons on robotics, engineering, and programming, catering to both beginner and advanced students. This is mixed with both single-week challenges and multi-week projects, with the occasional competition thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite). More precise details can be provided upon request.
Price can differ based on location of the class and arrangements with the hosting school. Discounts are available. See the list of classes below for specific details or check out our FAQ.
FLL: One of the primary goals of the Robo Club program is to encourage students to form teams and participate in the FIRST® LEGO® League tournament. The 2014 season (“FLL World Class”) opens in late August 2014 - but this will NOT be compulsory. The FLL is open to students aged 9 – 16. Students outside this age range will NOT be able to enter the tournament, but they WILL still be able to fully enjoy the Robo Club activities.
Spaces are limited, and enrolment is essential.
- Prospective students and parents are welcome to visit and ask questions (please give advance notice!)
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- Substantial discounts are available to students providing their own MINDSTORMS® kit and laptop.
- Students pay by the school term (in advance). Payments for each term are required by week 4. Alternate payment arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- New students sign up for a “trial period” of three weeks duration before deciding if they wish to continue.